Read the ‘Did you know?’ bullet points below and answer the following question to be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to Footloose at The Lowry, Mon 28 March – Sat 2 April:
Q: From which small American town did the story for Footloose originate?
A: Elmore City
Did you know…? Footloose is based on a true story.
- In 1979 the small town of Elmore City, Oklahoma faced a community crisis. The seniors of Elmore High School wanted to plan a senior prom, but dances were against the law thanks to a not-forgotten ordinance from the late 1800s that forbade dancing within the city limits. A storm of controversy pitted the high school students against city council members led by the local minister, who declared dancing a tool of the devil.
- The smash hit movie Footloose, starring Kevin Bacon and Sarah Jessica Parker was released just five years later.
- The title song Footloose went from gold to platinum to multi-platinum in record time.
- This production of Footloose first toured the UK in 2004 and was previously at The Lowry for a week in 2007.
- The new Footloose film is due to be released in April 2011 starring Dennis Quaid and Andie MacDowell.
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the shows title, ‘Footloose’ in the subject line of your email.
Enter previous ticket competitions:
Answer all 12 correctly to be entered into a special prize draw.