Watch this video and answer the following question to be in with a chance of winning two tickets to Michael Clark Company’s come, been and gone at The Lowry, Fri 28 January.
Q: What is the last word to flash up in the trailer?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the show title, ‘Michael Clark Company’, in the subject line of your email. All Twelve trailers of Christmas competitions close at midnight Wed 5 January. Full competition details.
Check out the Dance Moves video gallery for more insight into what you can expect to see from Danish Dance Theatre, BRB, Flawless, The Trocs, Michael Clark, Phoenix, Ailey 2, Richard Alston, Company Chameleon and Upswing. Quite a lot to get you started with.
Staying with Michael Clark, here are some facts about the man behind the company:
- He was born in Scotland in 1962 and began traditional Scottish dancing at the age of four.
- In 1975 he left home to study at the Royal Ballet School in London.
- He joined Ballet Rambert in 1979, working primarily with Richard Alston.
- His first concert of his own choreography was in 1982 at London’s Riverside Studios, where he became resident choreographer.
- By 1984 Clark had made 16 original pieces for himself, his friends, and various small-scale companies.
- Michael Clark and Company was launched in 1984.
- In 2005 he became an Artistic Associate of the Barbican Centre, London.
- He has collaborated with fashion designers BodyMap, artists Leigh Bowery and Sarah Lucas and musicians The Fall.
Visit www.thelowry.com/dancemoves to discover What’s On plus details on how you can get dancing!
Answer all 12 correctly to be entered into a special prize draw.
Enter previous ticket competitions: